Burial Records and Cremation Records
In our offices at Crewe and Macclesfield, we have records of burials and cremations that have taken place in our eleven cemeteries and two crematorium. This can be useful for people researching local or family histories.
In order to most easily search our records, the following information would be an advantage:
- Whether it was a burial or cremation
- Name of the deceased
- Approximate date of death (within 12 months)
- Grave Number (if a burial)
A nominal fee may be charged for staff searching the records.
If a burial has taken place within the Council’s Cemeteries, then we can supply you with the following information:
- Name, age and date if burial of the deceased
- Grave number and its location with the Cemetery
If a cremation has taken place in one the Council’s Crematorium then the following information is available:
- The date of cremation
- The age and last address of the deceased
- What happened to the cremated remains
More information about family history and historical records can be obtained from the following contacts: